Saturday, October 8th, 2011...1:41 pm

seasons changing… and changing back again

Jump to Comments

today, october 7th, is a balmy 80 degrees. strange, you might be thinking, considering this is boston and its OCTOBER.

even stranger is that it was 60 degrees yesterday. yes. sixty. i-wake-up-freezing-and-wear-a-scarf-all-day kind of fall weather. it was cold.

so i really shouldn’t be complaining about the weather today. it’s gorgeous out. sunny, clear skies, nice light breeze. but i was kind of getting used to the pants/tshirt/sneakers combo i was wearing. i’m looking forward to the leaves changing and the crisp chill of fall. i’m ready to shiver a bit when i first step outside. i’m ready for my hats. i’m ready to snuggle in my bed underneath a pile of blankets. fall is my favorite season. it’s what we are known for up here. i guess you could say it’s kind of our thing. apple picking, pumpkins, apple cider (and even better, apple cider doughnuts), leaf peeping… people travel from all over to see this part of the country during the fall.

so forgive me for complaining. i should be appreciative of this amazing day because before i know it everything is going covered in a thick layer of snow, but all i really want to do is wear my jeans without overheating.