Monday, December 14th, 2009...7:26 pm

2 dimensional design

Jump to Comments

today i had my final portfolio review for 2d design, so i think it’s appropriate to write about it today in the blog.

it’s not as easy to describe 2d. we did a lot in this class– painting, drawing, tracing, and photography. i guess it’s about learning how to create an interesting effective composition in whatever you are doing, in whatever medium.

we started out with simple things, by using blacks, whites, and grays in a composition of circles, then we started to move on to color. we created six collages from magazines, representing each of the primary and secondary colors. then we created collages from photo copies of those collages. i didn’t expect that one!

i have definitely learned a lot about design in 2d. we had so many interesting projects that made me think out side of the box. i really had to use my creativity and take some risks. sometimes my project worked out better than others, but i got some really good feedback today at my portfolio review, so i think that i did really well over all. my professor was great. he really helped us all. if we need him to help, he would point us in the right direction but always wouldn’t really give us the answer, so we had to figure it out ourselves.

i am going to miss the class. it really challenged me. not in an overwhelming way, but in a good way. i think i have produced some really great pieces. i hope that i have a class like this next semester.