Printing Press Trip

I managed to take these awesome pictures of Professor Allison on the field trip we took on  February 2nd to view the printing press. I was blown away with how they got things printed back in the day. It was a lot more complex and I think we take for granted how much easier it has gotten for us. Back in the 1700s they would have to pre set every letter to make the sentence they needed. These letters would be very tiny and would be loaded onto something in which would hold the letters in place. The gentlemen in the photo next to Professor Allison explained to us that this took up a whole lot of time. I believe he said it would take something like eight hours to be able to preset al the letters for the words that would be on the whole page that was going to be printed. Once everything was ready to go you would load the preset words onto this platform where it would get pressed and printed onto a page. Then you would pull this lever and it would press and create one copy. They would do this several times in one day until they reached the amount that they needed. Professor Allison seemed like he had a tough time making one copy so I could not imagine making hundreds of them.

Overall the field trip we took was very informative. I enjoyed getting out of class and being able to learn so much about history and something in which Benjamin Franklin very likely assisted his brother in doing.

IMG_0468IMG_3263

5 thoughts on “Printing Press Trip”

1. I’m not that much of a online reader to be honest but your blogs really nice, keep it up!
    I’ll go ahead and bookmark your website to come back later

먹튀 검증 커뮤니티
    스포츠 토토 사이트
    승인 전화 없는 토토 사이트
    토토 결과
    토토 꽁 머니
    https://www.j9korea.com

2. When I read an article on this topic, baccaratcommunity the first thought was profound and difficult, and I wondered if others could understand.. My site has a discussion board for articles and photos similar to this topic. Could you please visit me when you have time to discuss this topic?

3. I’ve been looking for photos and articles on this topic over the past few days due to a school assignment, slotsite the first thought was profound and difficult, and I wondered if others could understand.. My site has a discussion board for articles and photos similar to this topic. Could you please visit me when you have time to discuss this topic?

4. It’s the same topic , but I was quite surprised to see the opinions I didn’t think of. My blog also has articles on these topics, so I look forward to your visit. safetoto

5. MostBet hər bir oyunçunun unikal olduğunu qəbul edir və Promo Kod səhifəsi https://mostbet-aze45.net/promo-code/ bu anlayışı əks etdirir. Xoş gəldin bonuslarından tutmuş davamlı təkliflərə qədər müxtəlif promosyonlar təklif edən MostBet, hər bir oyunçunun seçiminə uyğun bir şeyin olmasını təmin edir. İstər idman həvəskarı, istərsə də kazino həvəskarı olmağınızdan asılı olmayaraq, promo-kodlar oyun səyahətinizi artırmaq üçün hazırlanmış fərdi bonusların kilidini açır.