Finals Craziness!

Women of Gaza Tanya Habjouqa
Women of Gaza Tanya Habjouqa

Hey all! These past few weeks have been super crazy, I apologize for not posting last week for Thanksgiving! The week before that in seminar, we went to the MFA and I FINALLY got to see the show I’ve been wanting to, She Who Tells A Story. It’s a beautiful photography show of women photographers from the Middle East. I could’ve spent all day there. One of my favorite photographers shown was Tanya Habjouqa, who had beautiful simple photos of small good things in the lives of Middle Eastern women, to try to counter the assumption that life is always horrible for them. The photos drew me in with their color, simplicity, and especially light, and the concept had me seated staring at them for some time.

My big head painting- it's three feet tall!
My big head painting- it’s three feet tall!

Over Thanksgiving break, I had a ton of delicious food, participated in the madness that is Black Friday shopping (new photo goodies and gifts!), and saw some great friends! Since I’ve been back though, things have shifted in high gear. I’ve had a math test and have a final exam on Tuesday and two take home finals in science. Also in painting, I finished up two different paintings that I’ve been working on simultaneously, so that feels great! One is a big giant head and the other is a female nude. In Seminar, we’re wrapping up our final projects and getting ready for our final critiques on Tuesday, which will include all three of our big projects from the semester (my orange sculpture, my t shirts, and my final project). In contemporary trends, we’re in the middle of our final project as well, which is due Thursday for our final crit.