Deborah Davidson, Suffolk University Art Gallery Director, is organizing an exhibition of alumni works in conjunction with Homecoming Weekend, October 17-20, 2013.
NESAD Grads: Out in the World
At New England School of Art & Design, faculty are deeply engaged with their students. The connection between students and their teachers works in both directions, and often remains long after the academic experience ends – as a professional relationship, or as a philosophical or creative influence. Nurtured here, this group of alumni carries with them a passion for their chosen field, the skills to express themselves and their ideas, and the discipline to realize them. They have the all-important ability to communicate and connect with the larger world through relevant art and design. The exhibition represents all areas of study at New England School of Art & Design, including Illustration, Graphic Design, Interior Design, Interior Architecture and Fine Art.
Exhibition Dates: October 14 – November 10, 2013
Opening Event: Thursday, October 17, 2013
4:00 pm – Panel discussion and open Q & A: Alums talk to current students about their “real world” experiences.
5:00 pm – Reception
Call for Submissions
Open to former students of New England School of Art & Design.
- All media accepted
- Maximum Size: 36 x 36 inches, please contact Deborah for unusual proportions
- Submissions: email 3-5 jpegs to email@example.com
- One work will be chosen from each artist
- If original artwork is mailed – return postage must be included
- Work must be ready for hanging or installation
- Deadline to submit: August 30 Deadline extended to September 8
- Decision for selection: September 12
- Work delivered by: October 9
- Opening reception: October 17
- Exhibit ends: November 10
- Pick up or return of work: November 12 +13
For more Information
Contact Deborah Davidson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617-994-4283.