Museum of Science visit

A) Overview

Today, Doctor Shatz brought me and others to Museum of Science.

B) Weather

-Sunny, nice, comfortable

C) Brief summary about the visit

-Meeted together at Archer building, where we always had class

-Walked to MOS about fifteen minute

-Free time from 2:15 p.m – 3:30 p.m with my friends (Yoshi, Colin, and David)

D) Journal Entry

On the first day of November, or just two days after my birthday, I visited Museum of Science with Doctor Shatz and other of my friends, who had the same class with me.

At first, I did not know what so special this museum was. U thought it was just normal as other museums did. But I was wrong after visiting.

We starting walking from Suffolk University Archer building for about fifteen minute in a sunny, nice, comfortable weather. When we entered,  Yoshi, Colin, David, and I had the same feeling that we thought we entered into the airport because of how the museum designed and the facilities all around us.

I took a map with me so I would have the basic idea how the museum look liked. The museum was divided into three different colors of wings which were blue, green, and red and there were three levels in total.

Our first stop was New England Habitats, where it was located in Green Wing. In there, there were different animals who lived in different habitats. There was also a machine that could experience how the smell of these habitats like.

When moving on, we arrived Gordon Current Science & Technology Science. There was a gentleman who got ready to have his presentation at half past two punctually. The topic was called Behind the Headlines: My other body is a robot. The presenter whose name was Sean told us there was a tele-presence robot could serve as our proxy in another location. He used a boy who was having severe allergies for an example. The boy used this robot to attend school and explore the implications of this technology through an encounter with a real tele-presence robot! It was incredible. I regret I did not have a photo on it.

The next stop was called Math Moves in the blue wing. In there, there were a number of theories from different famous and well-known physicians, chemists, and mathematicians. I had a high impression on one of the exhibitions named Probability. In there, there were lots of balls dropping continuously. They dropped in different columns. When looking closely, they actually dropped with the same number as other columns did. Here was one of the links: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=wUgQtXEodf0&NR=1

Our final stop, or the stop we stayed in the longest, was called Theater of Electricity. When entering, there was something familiar that I could compare to one of the museums in China. In China, we had a similar name which was called Science Museum. The below picture was one of the device I played with. I also tried to talk with a robot by putting my left hand and spreading its finger inside the place it provided. Four of us went to a house to experience the feeling of lightning before we left. The scene looked real.

Four of us left the museum at around half past three. I really wanted to stay longer because this museum was truly spectacular and impressive, but I could not unfortunately, otherwise I was unlikely to go home myself. I am looking forward for the second time.