By Driena Muca

About the author: Driena Muca is a freshman (Class of 2025) General Biology major. She’s an Albanian-American who has lived in New Delhi, India for the past six years. Some of her interests include art, soccer, music, and video games. She is currently writing and doing some graphic design work for The Voice.

The drama, the guts, the glory. Euphoria season 2 was definitely not for the weak, and the season finale last Sunday definitely proved that to the audience. I want to preface this by saying I am someone who is very easily entertained by the media. I know the Euphoria girlies are having strong discourse on the season, but I am here just for the ride. 

Now, I probably should start talking about Rue and her developmental character arc, but to be honest, I just want to start talking about Fez and Lexi. 

Oh, my two babies. They deserved the world. The quiet girl with the drug dealer. The tough guy who has a soft spot only for his girl. Sheesh, those Fexi scenes even got ME blushing. I thought that Lexi had one of the biggest character developments during season 2 and it was interesting to see her perspective of her family issues instead of Cassie’s. The play about her and her friend’s life was not a plotline I initially expected in Euphoria, to be honest, but considering the nature of Lexi’s character, it was definitely fitting at the end. The play lasting two out of eight episodes, however, was a bit annoying for someone as impatient as me. Nonetheless, seeing Fez get ready to go to the play before… what went down…  couldn’t have been more wholesome or cuter. I am praying that we get more Fexi content for season 3 somehow. I don’t know how, but I think Levinson will pull through with something for us. 

Now that we got that out of the way, we must talk about the character I hated the most during season 3. Cassie. Oh my god. What even. Sydney Sweeney is such an amazing actress that I don’t know if anyone could have embodied such an unhinged character the way she did during season 2. The biggest debate I see in Euphoria discourse is that Cassie was manipulated by Nate this season and that’s why she can’t be faulted entirely for betraying Maddy. I don’t care about any of that. We have already established that Nate Jacobs is the worst person to exist. I believed that Cassie was stronger than that and would harbor her own past terrible relationships to be loyal to Maddy. But did we get any of that wonderful, positive character development? No. We didn’t. Every time I thought Cassie was at her lowest point, I was astounded by how much more pathetic she got after every episode. Truly inspiring. If you ever catch me that down bad like Cassie Howard just spare the trouble and shoot me. Haha.  

Lastly, I am glad that Rue got clean. The whole Laurie plotline was weird considering that they didn’t mention anything about Rue about losing a suitcase full of drugs, but hey, what do I know, right Sam Levinson? I’m sure this subplot will be explained perfectly in the next season. Not a doubt in my mind. I have a lot of hope for Rue, especially when she rejected that cheating, backstabbing, headass, Jules. Maybe she has a plan? With Elliot? Who knows. Season 3 leaves me with a lot of excitement and hope that we will get the answers we need from Season 2.