Thoughts on Pandora’s Promise

Pandora’s Promise is quite admirable, considering it strays from political influences that other environmental documentaries seem to gravitate towards. This film mainly supports the idea that nuclear power should be the most desirable of options for those who are concerned about the environment. The film addresses the fears that many American’s have about enforcing nuclear power, since well, all of the terrifying events that took place (Chernobyl, Hiroshima, Fukushima etc.) But this film suggests that perhaps our fears are a bit exaggerated. While I still fear the potential dangers of nuclear power, this film does have a point, and quite the persuasive one too. Most of the film follows scientists that have had a change in heart, and believe that the best option is nuclear power, because depending solely on wind and solar leaves us far too dependent. Wouldn’t it be great if we could though? But we can’t think wishful thoughts any longer; it’s blinding us. Despite the persuasive film on nuclear power, it’s still quite terrifying, at least for me. I just don’t think our Country is quite there yet either.

One thought on “Thoughts on Pandora’s Promise”

1. I completely agree that this documentary presented a quite persuasive argument and left the viewer considering their own stance. But the fact that our society has a long and deep fear of nuclear power can’t be downplayed and I too, feel that sense of fear of nuclear power despite scientific proof.