Silence DoGood 6

In the 6th Letter of Benjamin Franklin’s “Silence DoGood” series, Franklin, through his pen name take the opportunity to speak of the evil and consequences of pride and for this reason, states it is the “most hateful (vice) to God and Man”. . Franklin notes that the proud man aims only to be better than others and that this is not an appropriate way to go about one’s life. Franklin claims that pride come before and leads to the destruction of life.

Franklin claims that pride come before and leads to the destruction of life. This may seem like a hefty claim, but Franklin backs it up with logic, and the reader can easily follow the process he used to arrive at that conclusion. Franklin explains that if one dominated by pride arrives at a small fortune, he or she will be unable to prevent their pride from consuming their entire life, and fortune. Following pride would lead a man or women to strive to imitate those around and them, those who in fact poses more than them. This will cause the person who once possessed a small fortune to end up worse off than when they began. Imitating wealth is a very expensive process, and as Franklin says “By striving to appear rich they become really poor”. This makes the argument that pride is a bad thing even stronger, as its no longer a question of morality, but can clearly have a negative effect on a person’s life.

It is at least slightly ironic to write a letter aimed at convincing people to improve themselves while arguing that one should avoid pride. By writing a letter aimed at improving other lives is to say that Franklin felt he was in some way wiser, or more educated that his readers would be. This is clearly Franklins pride showing, which contradicts the message he puts forward. If Franklin is so successful, yet clearly has some level of pride, why should other avoid pride? It clearly worked for Franklin.

9 thoughts on “Silence DoGood 6”

1. I think this is one of the most important pieces of information for me.
    And I enjoyed reading your article.
    But I want to note a few general things: the style of the site is perfect, and the articles are excellent.

카지노 게임
    꽁 머니 토토
    토토 검증
    토토 구인 구직
    토토 코드
    https://www.j9korea.com

2. Good day! If you were looking for a service to save your favorite photos, videos, stories, igtv from Instagram, then this is definitely useful information for you! I have site been using this service for a very long time and I like how fast and high quality it works, so I can safely recommend it to you!

3. Parimatch ndiye mtengeneza vitabu bora zaidi kwa sababu mbalimbali. Wana anuwai nzuri ya dau, matumaini ya chini na huduma nzuri kwa wateja https://parimatch.co.tz/sw/football/live. Wanatoa uwezekano wa ushindani kwenye michezo yote kuu, pamoja na mpira wa miguu, raga, tenisi na gofu. Pia wanatoa masoko mbalimbali kwenye michezo hii na maarufu zaidi ikiwa ni mpira wa miguu, tenisi na raga. Parimatch imekuwepo kwa zaidi ya miaka 10 sasa na imekuwa ikikadiriwa mara kwa mara kama tovuti bora zaidi ya kamari nchini Uingereza na hakiki huru.

4. It’s the same topic , but I was quite surprised to see the opinions I didn’t think of. My blog also has articles on these topics, so I look forward to your visit. majorsite