Trading Spouses

trading_spouses_186x250While taking Contemporary Science and Innovation with Professor Shatz, it is safe to say that watching Trading Spouses was a wild trip, entering her world outside of the classroom. Throughout the beginning of the show it seems like both family’s have normal laid back lives, but what we don’ t know about are all the habits and day-to-day activities. Automatically when seeing a family from Kentucky and an Orthodox family from Brookline, Boston, there are bound to be differences.

The fact of the matter that Professor Shatz does not like hunting is definitely true, aside from religious beliefs this a huge no-no in her dictionary as it is in mine. Also, it seems like they have a very slow pace life in Kentucky and that the daughter is much too good for school and the son is needs a tutor and help with extracurricular activities. While the family in Kentucky are more laid back with education, it is definitely a fact that when the Sh

atz children come home from school, they are already doing homework, and even for three hours, which I doubt is an exaggeration. Hard work pays off, and this is something that is embedded in our classroom that most of the students, including myself, tend to forget about while blogging.

While Professor Shatz washes the dishes,  I don’t believe he reads while doing them because it takes an intense multitasker to do that! It’s pretty amazing how there are two sinks, two dishwashers, and even two sets of dishes, but within the Orthodox religion, I understand.

I find it hard to believe that the family in Kentucky are so uneducated about the Jewish religion in general so this could have been exaggerated but perhaps it is true.

When Professor Shatz arrives to the house I believe that there was no kosher food or any stores that had kosher products in stock, so she had to order her food to be sent over night. When the other mother went to Boston, I am clueless as to wether the kids have had parties or not. It seems like they are very studious but to not have friends besides each other is a little intense. I do think its true that the Kentucky mother took Shatz’s son to go shopping and a hair cut, but can’t believe she threw a party and the Rabbi came at that exact moment to receive a check. As if it was all planned out.

conversation220

After watching this it will be very funny talking about this in class, and really knowing what was true or not!

4 thoughts on “Trading Spouses

1. Genieknows Trading

I am trying to figure out what trading setup is best for me. I am interested in active and algorithmic trading, but I don’t know which one is best for me. I have a few different options that I am considering, but I don’t know which one is best. I am considering active trading, algorithmic trading, or a combination of both.
    https://genieknows.in/

Reply
  2. sandy

Thanks for sharing, I also read your content carefully it was perfect. Keep shining and inspiring us all! Also check this Egg Rate website, which provides daily egg rate today in India.

Reply