Calling all students, artists, and inspired community members!
The Friends of Hamilton-Wenham Public Library is looking for a new visual identity and needs your help. We are seeking a creative, innovative and professional logo design. The logo should be recognizable and help promote the mission of the FOHWPL – to maintain an association interested in books and libraries; to aid in providing funds to meet special library needs; to support and cooperate with the library in developing library services and facilities for the community; and to stimulate gifts of books, magazines, desirable collections, endowments, and bequests. The Friends will give the chosen artist a $100 Visa gift card as thanks for their effort.
How to Enter the Contest
The contest begins on March 15, 2014. Submissions will be accepted through May 31sth, 2014. Winners will be announced via our website, social media websites and by direct contact to the winners’ email account. In order for your entry to be submitted and reviewed by our judges, all entries must be:
1. Submitted directly to Logo Contest, FHWPL@gmail.com Please add LOGO CONTEST in the subject line.
2. Submitted in their original source file and
3. Submitted as a high resolution .pdf with 300 dpi or higher.
· Professional: This logo may be featured on our website, our social media platforms and other mediums (stationery, pamphlets, t-shirts etc). As a result, while we want the logo to be eye-catching, it must still be legible.
· Theme: The logo must promote the mission of the FHWPL, to support and cooperate with the library in developing library services and facilities for the community
· Color: There are no limitations and any colors may be used. However, the logo must look good in color (if any) or black and white.
· Integrity: Logos cannot contain copyrighted material. Logos must have been created and edited by the contestant(s). Logos may not include images or licensed images that have been previously published. Must be easily reproducible and scalable for large and small formatting.
Winners will be selected by the Board of the Friends of the Hamilton Wenham Public Library. Contestants agree that the FHWPL may publish their logo and name(s) and may use both for advertising campaigns and/or marketing materials in the future. Contestants assign all ownership rights, including all intellectual property rights to the logo to the Friends of the Hamilton-Wenham Public Library. Additionally, the FHWPL may alter, modify or revise the logo as it sees necessary to achieve the goals of the Friends. The Friends of the Hamilton-Wenham Public Library reserves the right to not select a winner if, in its sole discretion, no suitable entries are received.