NESAD Students Winners in the Grand Circle Gallery’s Vintage Poster Contest

Victoria Burnett and Jacquelyn Schaab, two NESAD students, won first and second place in the Grand Circle Gallery’s Vintage Poster Contest.

Victoria describes the contest, “The challenge of the contest was to create an interpretation of a vintage travel poster that promotes one of Grand Circle Corporation’s travel destinations. It must highlight an aspect of the destination’s history, culture, landscapes, or attractions. Ultimately, the goal was to create a design that could become a classic image for the ages.”

Check out their winning posters!

“I picked the Eastern Europe trip from the list of Grand Circle Gallery trips, because it was a region that I have been interested in visiting, but did not know a lot about. I choose to represent Budapest, Hungary in my illustration, mainly for its ease of recognition over the other cities the trip toured. I focused on the Parliament building as well as the famous chain-linked bridge. My color palette was inspired by various vintage travel posters, which had a consistent limited color palette. The simplicity of my illustration and choice of typography was also inspired by a compilation of vintage travel posters.”

— Jacquelyn

“My poster promoted Grand Circle Travel’s “Real Affordable Costa Rica” travel destination. I wanted to create a poster that was relatively simple with an attractive and attention-grabbing image that showcased the country without stereotyping it. I decided to focus on the beauty of nature in Costa Rica. I did some research to find a landscape image that best represented the destination. Then I decided that I needed an extraelement to attract the viewer [other than the landscape.] I researched animals in Costa Rica and chose to use a tree frog since I believed it would be the most recognizable and attractive to the viewer. I rendered the images using the pen tool in Illustrator through the process of graphic translation.“

— Victoria

Grand Circle Gallery is holding a reception on May 11th from 4 to 7 pm to celebrate the designs. Be sure to check it out!

22 thoughts on “NESAD Students Winners in the Grand Circle Gallery’s Vintage Poster Contest”

1. Pingback: Graphic Design |
  2. Simply desire to say your article is as surprising.
    The clearness on your put up is just excellent and that
    i could think you’re knowledgeable in this subject. Fine with your permission allow
    me to clutch your feed to stay up to date with imminent post.
    Thanks 1,000,000 and please keep up the rewarding work.

3. Thank you for some other informative blog. The place else may I
    am getting that type of information written in such a perfect manner?
    I’ve a project that I’m simply now working on, and I’ve been at the look out for such information.

4. hi!,I really like your writing very so much! proportion we keep in touch extra about your
    post on AOL? I need a specialist on this space to unravel my
    problem. May be that’s you! Taking a look forward to look you.

5. Thank you that is really useful for me, as a new site has been inundated with comments that seem OK at very first glance but then get repeated with a slight change of wording. I’ve something concrete to go on now and will delete quite a lot of them.

6. Thank you a bunch for sharing this with all of us you really realize what you are talking about! Bookmarked. Kindly also discuss with my site =). We will have a hyperlink alternate agreement between us!

7. The luxury proposed may possibly be incomparable; citizens are never fail to seeking for bags is really a Native goals. The thought numerous insert goals uniquely to push diversity with visibility during the travel and leisure arena. Hotels Discounts

8. This web site is really a walk-through it actually may be the information you desired relating to this and didn’t know who ought to. Glimpse here, and you will undoubtedly discover it.

9. I happen to be writing to let you understand what a amazing experience our girl encountered studying the weblog. She came to discover many factors, which consist of what it is actually like to possess a superb giving heart to produce guys and females rather only find out about specific grueling matters. You basically did greater than our personal anticipated results. A lot of thanks for showing these beneficial, trustworthy, revealing and also exclusive guidance on the topic to Sandra.

10. Have you ever considered about adding just a little bit far more than just your articles? I mean, what you say is fundamental and everything. Nevertheless take into consideration if you added some wonderful pictures or video clips to give your posts more, “pop”! Your content is excellent but with images and clips, this website could undoubtedly be among the most beneficial in its field. Great weblog!

11. When I originally commented I clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox now if a comment is added I buy four emails with related comment. Could there be that is you are able to eliminate me from that service? Thanks!

12. You could certainly see your skills within the work you write. The sector hopes for even more passionate writers such as you who are not afraid to say how they believe. Always follow your heart. “No man should marry until he has studied anatomy and dissected at least one woman.” by Honore’ de Balzac.

13. Hey there! This is kind of off topic but I need some advice from an established blog. Is it hard to set up your own blog? I’m not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty quick. I’m thinking about creating my own but I’m not sure where to start. Do you have any tips or suggestions? With thanks|

14. I simply could not go away your web site prior to suggesting that I really loved the usual information an individual supply to your guests? Is going to be again frequently to investigate cross-check new posts.

15. Denise Gott your topic is so good, and thanks for sharing this blog, because it’s so important for sharing graphic design awareness and its importance, I was starting freelance work in 2018 and still, I am working online, this field is best in the future, I need an online logo designer and Logo Design Company in England, I have many projects to pending, anyone interested for working with me and my UK based design agency team? so let’s chat with my, I am sharing contact details in the website, please visit my website and talk to my consultant they guide you properly,