Speakers 2017

Daniel Dippold

Daniel Dippold

Territory President Europe bei Kairos Society

Computers already play games such as Super Mario Bros or chess better then humans do. But can they understand emotions and interact with humans? Or even become smarter than the human race? In his insightful talk, 22 year-old Daniel Dippold shows how a computer plays Super Mario and discovers the rules all by itself. He explains that society has not clearly defined what AI is yet and appeals urgently to the viewers by suggesting an open and broader discussion on the philosophical and ethical aspects of AI.

Michael Neece

Michael Neece

President of Jenyta Networks

At work we’re overwhelmed and stressed from fragmented information, hundreds of apps, and disconnected teams struggling to collaborate. This causes lost productivity, delays, errors, non-compliance, and low cyber-security. This talk describes how to solve these problems by thinking differently about the problem.

Jodi-Tatiana Charles

Jodi-Tatiana Charles

Director of Small and Diverse Business Engagement

I was raised with a family that taught many lessons and were keen on leaving one’s legacy for the next generation. My life has always been about leaving a legacy behind, through the years I have realized that living a well lived life will be the base of that legacy and in order to do that, I must take action! Living an actionable life is the base of my first Tedx talk, giving you a taste of my life thus far.

Emily Burns

Emily Burns

CEO & Founder of Learnivore

Learnivore founder, Emily Burns, considers the future impact of A.I. on our humanity, and how it may function as a catalyst that creates a renaissance of creativity and connectedness—or as an opiate that lets us slide into oblivion.

Justin Park

Justin Park

Co-founder & President at Intergalactic Education LLC

NASA consultant and Intergalactic Education co-founder Justin Park sees a burgeoning space market on the cusp of a revolution. Park gives a throwback to John F. Kennedy and discusses current and future celestial commerce.

Renee Richardson Gosline

Renee Richardson Gosline

Senior Lecturer & Research Scientist at MIT

We can’t remember any numbers without our cell phones and have difficulty driving without Waze. We increasingly rely on technology to perform basic cognitive tasks, and this choice is becoming more automatic and less conscious. We assume technology improves our choices. But does it? A series of experiments will be used to examine the topic, leaving the viewer with the question: when do I assume greater rationality from technology, and how does that affect my expectations about my own behavior?

Marjo Koivisto

Marjo Koivisto

Lead, Economics and Finance Programme

From large emerging markets to frontier and developing economies around the world, technology is transforming economic sectors and unleashing investment opportunity, argues Marjo Koivisto.

John McDonnell

John McDonnell

Managing Director at Tito’s Vodka