26

The Impact of COVID-19 On Small Businesses

Since the start of the coronavirus, small businesses around the nation have been faced with difficult decisions and uncertainty about what the future holds. Although many business owners were scared about the unknown virus showing up around the world, the financial burden that would fall on them if they were to close their businesses was equally or more so nerve-racking. The coronavirus, also known as COVID-19, was first introduced into the U.S. in late December but did not fully affect the nation until early March.
As COVID-19 continues to be a threat to our economy, most states have started to reopen business with limited capacity and social distancing to ensure public safety but also help rebuild our economy. This does not mean that small businesses will overcome the challenges they faced when they were forced to close back in March. According to The Washington Post, “A new study projects more than 100,000 small businesses in the United States have permanently shut their doors since the coronavirus outbreak was declared a pandemic in March.” As these businesses close, more people will need to collect unemployment and find new jobs. Many business owners will still have loans that they need to pay back from the Small Business Administration.
At the same time, many businesses have seen an increase in sales as they moved to an online presence to keep their businesses afloat during the pandemic. The U.S. had many small businesses that previously relied on in-store sales, moving into digital sales, and creating websites so that they can work remotely and safely. Social Media has helped many small businesses by creating ways for customers to help their local businesses. Platforms like Facebook and Twitter have created ways for people to learn more about local business near each user and how they can help. It doesn’t just stop there; many locals have found ways to help. I live in Vermont, where we have lots of local businesses that rely on in-store sales, however when the state-mandated closures, it affected many businesses, but it created a spark for some Vermonters. They created a Facebook group called “To Go Tour” where locals can post about different places that they have tried during the pandemic and share photos to a vast amount of people.
According to the National Restaurant Association, “Economists are already forecasting that the U.S. restaurant industry could lose $225 billion in revenue from closures resulting from the coronavirus outbreak.” Since March, restaurants have only been open for takeout or delivery, which has affected the cash flow for many businesses. Coming from a family that is in the restaurant industry, it has been a great load of stress with the constant changes in regulation due to COVID-19. As times are constantly changing and more information is arising about the coronavirus, it has shown us that if we can work together as a community, we can overcome many challenges and adapt to new changes.

ccaswell

26 Comments

1. I completely agree that the pandemic has had a large, negative impact on many businesses in general. Although, I feel like it also gives a bit of incentive for consumers to support those smaller businesses during this crisis. Speaking personally, my family and I have been primarily getting takeout from local, family run restaurants as opposed to the larger chains that we usually would go to for convenience. I realize that this will not really be the case for everyone, but it does add some much needed incentive for people who want to help support these smaller stores and restaurants.

2. After opening my own business, I encountered a serious problem with customer service. In solving this issue, my company was very helped by an article I found on the Internet – why good customer service is important to a business. It perfectly reveals this topic. It contains a lot of useful and interesting information which I would not have been able to get right. After analyzing everything I was able to fix the problems in my service, which I could not solve for so long and which were so impeding my development. Now my team is working much more efficiently and clearer. We now have many satisfied and loyal customers. I can recommend this site to anyone who is interested in such things.

3. This is not surprising, because if you do not use modern tools, the business will simply stand still. In order for SEO promotion to be effective, you need to contact professionals like https://www.smartweb-group.com/en after all, independent study of the strategy and its implementation are not always effective, and threaten to lose valuable time.

4. Pandemic indeed affected all industries with no exception. Some institutions survived by adapting to change through reconsidering their strategy, customer experience, etc. However, some still struggle, and it is extremely important to support those businesses. Thanks to such platforms as Facebook and Twitter that provide extra local marketing to these companies, the awareness has increased, and people are shifting their focus to support local businesses.

5. I’ve been looking for photos and articles on this topic over the past few days due to a school assignment, keonhacai and I’m really happy to find a post with the material I was looking for! I bookmark and will come often! Thanks 😀

6. I came to this site with the introduction of a friend around me and I was very impressed when I found your writing. I’ll come back often after bookmarking! safetoto

7. Apakah kamu suka dengan permainan slot online? Jika demikian maka kamu sudah menuju situs slot gacor yang tepat! Di RAJA258, kami merupakan salah satu pengembang situs slot77 yang memiliki afiliasi dengan semua provider tergacor, dan juga kami merupakan salah satu pemegang lisensi dari pengembang game terbaik di Indonesia. Hanya dengan klik tab pada menu slot kami, Kamu akan menemukan lebih dari 30 provider games slot gacor favorit seperti pragmatic play, pg soft, slot77, slot88. https://raja258ku.com/

8. Bylka est un webzine captivant, offrant une fusion parfaite entre actualités et divertissement. Chaque article est une plongée intrigante dans le monde de l’information, traitée avec créativité et dynamisme. Un incontournable pour rester informé tout en étant divertissant!

Webzine Bylka propose une expérience captivante pour les amateurs d’actualités et de divertissement. Découvrez-le sur [https://www.bylka.com](https://www.bylka.com).

9. WaterApp’s Residential Water Level Sensor is installed into your tanks and wells and sends info to your phone via the cloud. It makes sure that you have enough safe water in your water tank. Receive alerts when the water level or quality is below the threshold or water gets overflowed or leaks. https://waterapp.in/technology/