Inside the Junk Drawer

Just another Blogs.cas.suffolk.edu weblog

By

Nervous

I’m writing tonight because I took Holly’s shift. She’s another work study student that works at the front desk. I’m a bit sad because I’ll be missing the new episode of House, but won’t say no to the hours.

I’m struggling in Drawing right now. We got our grades back today and I was a bit shocked. Worse, I’m scared of the drawing we’re doing right now in class. I’m having difficulty figuring out how to use the our limited color pallet. Usually, I’m operating intuitively, but on this I’m completely clueless. I really know I’m struggling because Gabe came over and told me to come get her if she doesn’t come around (I guess I was hiding behind John’s drawing board without being aware of it). I hate asking for help, but I think I’m going to have to. I need to improve.

In Printmaking, we’re moving on to etching. Randal gave a slide show on artists that he either hated or is inspired by because our class is a bit odd (we’re more concerned with content or what images we’re using is what he says). I was talking about copyright last week only because Matt brought it up a few weeks ago in imaging. I like the idea of an artwork being completely mine, that all. I have to make a drawing for my etching but I’m not sure what to draw. I just feel like I can’t draw today.

Perla and I studied for the art history exam tomorrow. I’m getting really nervous, which is bad because that probably means I’m going to have trouble sleeping. I had trouble sleeping last night, so I’m not looking forward to a repeat of that issue. 

Time for some good news: I think I might have a roommate. I’ve been without one since September and have been living in a two bedroom apartment. The rent is killing me. The moral of this story is not to get a two bedroom apartment unless you have a roommate first. It worked out last year; I found a two bedroom apartment and then found my roommate Ana. This year, however, the economy tanked and no body was interested in the place I found. I’ve been looking since the beginning of June-that’s about four months, which is pretty awful. Next year, I’m definitely getting a studio unless I meet someone who wants to room with me.

Oh and Halloween’s in a week. I have to think about a costume…