Friday, March 11th, 2011...11:00 pm

almost there

Jump to Comments

spring break is here and i am SO EXCITED!

these last two weeks have required a bit of extra energy. the last weeks before break (aka midterm time) usually consist of a few things:
– lost of late nights. too much coffee. not enough sleep.
– tests. projects. papers. q&a’s. lots and lots of homework.
– little to no social life
– very poor eating habits

this semester has been tough since the beginning, so it only makes sense that midterms attempt to kick my butt and force me to drop out. i managed to beat them though, coffee in one hand and a barely charged computer in the other! it feels so good to be done, even if its just for ten days. my brain needs a big ol’ honkin’ week of minimal to no creative thought.

its perfect, then, that i am going to athens, georgia to spend my week off doing manual labor. a spring break just the way i like it– helping people. all of mine and andrew’s hard work this year is finally starting to sound worth it. the more details i get, the more excited i am! and now i am one day away and i cannot wait to catch my 6:20 am (yes thats AM) flight to hotlanta. i am so ready for another dose of southern hospitality and old fashioned grits. i have no idea what i am getting myself into. this could be incredible, this could be awful (i’m mostly sure it’s going to be incredible), but who knows?! i am in need of an adventure like this. i’ll be sure to tell you all about it when i get back. 🙂