Thursday, December 9th, 2010...5:58 pm

it’s the most wonderful time of the year…

Jump to Comments

… not really. who ever originally wrote this song obviously wasn’t in college at the time. that’s right folks! finals week is here!

today i had my last class, which is really hard to believe. this semester has gone by incredibly fast. but it’s not done yet. that’s for sure. i already took the one final exam that i had. it went pretty well i think… i hope…. haha now all i have is final projects, an essay and my review to look forward to. which translates to a weekend jam packed full of homework! yay! 🙁

in reality, it shouldn’t be too bad as long as i plan my time well. i haven’t been really great at that lately, but i think i can pull it together. i have to write an essay on printing and the protestant reformation for my history of graphic design class (don’t wince– i actually chose the topic. it’s interesting!). i have a movie poster due for computer applications. we had to pick a book that hasn’t been made into a movie and make a poster for it. i chose the secret of platform 13 by eva ibbotson (one of my favorite childhood books!). for graphic design one we are creating a promotional piece for a band that we saw in concert. i went to a flamenco show a few weeks ago so i am making a website homepage and a promotional flamenco fan for my project. in imaging we are creating self portraits referencing our relationships with music and color. i already passed in my final project for typography. we had to create a type specimen, which is basically a book to show off a typeface and (try to) make you want to buy it. i chose gotham– the official typeface of the obama campaign and the discovery channel. haha it was sixteen pages and a little overwhelming at first but we worked on it a lot on class, so i was able to get a final product that i am really proud of. hopefully i get a good grade!

alright… i should probably start working on my homework now… wish me luck!

3 Comments