Sunday, November 28th, 2010...10:09 pm

thanksgiving feasts!

Jump to Comments

feasts you are wondering? yes it’s true! i had two thanksgiving feasts this past week. i really love thanksgiving so i decided to have two this year. i wish i had a crazy story like i had two full thanksgiving meals on thursday, but unfortunately, i am not a gilmore girl.

my first feast was last sunday. my roommate and i hosted a vegetarian thanksgiving at our apartment. we invited a whole bunch of our friends, cooked for five hours and had a delicious meal with our friends. everybody brought a little something (needless to say we still have leftovers). martine and i made a (gourmet, if i may say) menu of roasted garlic, apple, and butternut squash soup, sweet potato and swiss chard gratin, roasted chestnuts and brussels sprouts, and pumpkin pecan brownies. i’m really sorry if this doesn’t sound good to you, because it was great! our friends added lasagna, green bean casserole, apple spice cake, and gallons of apple cider. it was so much fun! we’re already planning on some sort of christmas extravaganza. cookie swap i think? yum yum yum!

my second feast was more traditional. meaning it was actually on thanksgiving and a turkey was present (though i didn’t eat it). my grandparents came over and we proceeded to eat a bunch. i made myself stuffed squash and i ate lots of mashed potatoes. yummm. it was really great to just relax and be with my family. i forget how much i miss home sometimes. it’s easy to get wrapped up in the city. we went over to our neighbor’s house for dessert and i ate more. one thing i can’t resist is chocolate… and these delicious anise cookies my neighbor’s aunt made. i probably ate 10. haha

ahhh and now i am back at school. trying to get yourself motivated after thanksgiving is probably one of the most difficult things to get through in college. it’s literally like i hit a brick wall. total mental block. good news: two more weeks of classes. bad news: final projects in every class are due in two weeks. mehhh. it’s terrifying how little sleep i will be getting over the next fourteen days. once i get to school tomorrow i’ll be back and focused, but right now, i am giving up and going to bed. tomorrow night i’ll do homework….