Saturday, February 6th, 2010...6:58 pm

frustration

Jump to Comments

so art school isn’t all fun and games. creating art is challenging. a challenge is good. it makes you think, makes you push yourself past your limits. but sometimes a challenge can turn into complete frustration. this weekend, my 3D class is making me very frustrated. our assignment this weekend is to create three 3D geometric shapes out of bristol board (which is kind of like oaktag). i was going to try to avoid making a plain, unoriginal geometric shape. spice it up a bit. except geometry is much easier in theory.

i spent about an hour and a half thursday night trying to make this rectangular, pyramidal type shape i sketched in class. lots of measurements, cuts, and wrong angles later, i had two failed attempts at making this shape. so i gave up and moved on to the next one.

i don’t like to give up, but i just felt like this was slightly out of my reach. without direction or the help of a geometry wiz, i don’t think i can figure out how to make this shape. or at least, i don’t have the time to sit down and figure it out. unfortunately, i am going to have to leave this shape in my sketch book, and maybe with a bit more experience in geometric shape making, i can make it later. :/