Tuesday, November 10th, 2009...11:56 pm

rally of the rams

Jump to Comments

i am really lucky that my roommates are so involved in suffolk sports because it gives me an opportunity to get involved as well. my roommate alex is on the athletic committee for the university. to mark the beginning of the new winter season, she and her friend planned the rally of the rams!

it was like a pep rally. suffolk’s three winter sports teams– men’s and women’s basketball and men’s hockey– came out to play some games and scrimmages. there were raffle tickets handed out and there were a ton of prizes. my friend meredith (she’s practically my fourth roommate) sang the national anthem. she was incredible. my other roommate performed with wicked! they also had a dj that hosted the event and played a bunch of music.

how it worked was, they created a bunch of games and there were athletes chosen to play certain games. the dj picked out a raffle ticket and whoever had that ticket had the chance to win a prize if their assigned athlete won the game. did that make sense? it’s a lot simpler than i think i made it sound. hahaha but i was fun to watch.

anyways, alex was afraid that it there wasn’t going to be a great turn out, but it was really great! there were a ton of people and i think it was successful. i had a great time and i think everyone else did too!

3 Comments

• Hey – I stumbled on this website by mistake. I was searching in Yahoo for Accounting software that I had already purchased when I found your site, I have to say your site is pretty informative, I just love the theme, its amazing!. I don’t have the time at the moment to totally read your site but I have bookmarked it and also will sign up for your RSS feeds. I will be back around in a day or two. thanks for a great site.

• What’s up?. Thanks for the blog. I’ve been digging around looking some info up for shool, but i think i’m getting lost!. Google lead me here – good for you i guess! Keep up the great information. I will be coming back over here in a few days to see if there is any more info.

• thanks guys! i’m glad you like it!

albert, good luck picking a university! don’t stress too much. it’ll all work out!