Conserve, Recycle, Reuse… with interiors? YES

Hey All!

Earth Day is the day to think outside the box. What are the consequences of our choices? What products are better for the earth? What should we avoid?  Just as you might suspect, there’s more to saving the Earth than putting newspapers in a recycling container once a week or throwing your empty cans in a bin. So, I’ve decided to make some fun little gadgets out of my recycled materials! In my furniture design class, I made a side table out of recycled magazines and a recycled plastic top. I also am planning on re-decorating a funky old coffee table I have. By using old extra paint from previous interior decorating and gathering bottle caps, a new and really cool looking table can be made! First, you sand down and paint the table. Next you lay out a design that you like on the top with the recycled bottle caps and glue them down. Last put a piece of glass or desired translucent material to avoid the design getting ruined (and for a flat surface) and VUAH-LA! A new and improved coffee table!

Let me know if ya like it!

HAPPY EARTH DAY!!

‘Till Next Time,

Kris