Ben Franklin and Beer

Beer is proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy.

Although many people find the statement to be true, it’s credited author is most certainly false. There is no record of Franklin ever making such a remark. Franklin’s writings tell us about his thoughts God and happiness but unfortunately he doesn’t share his opinions on beer.

That being said, there is a Franklin quote that could be the origin of the famous beer line.

“Behold the rain which descends from heaven upon our vineyards, there it enters the roots of the vines, to be changed into wine, a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy.”

It’s easy to see the similarities to the famous quote but the fact of the matter is that Franklin seemed to prefer wine and never mentioned beer.

Despite the confusion of the author, it is still a very popular saying and can be found on all sorts of beer memorabilia at breweries all over the country.

beerglass_60932__59132.1365800862.1280.1280

Sources:
https://www.anchorbrewing.com/blog/say-what-says-who-benjamin-franklin-on-beer-or-not/

http://beer.about.com/od/historyofbeer/f/Did-Benjamin-Franklin-Really-Say-Beer-Is-Proof-That-God-Loves-Us-And-Wants-Us-To-Be-Happy.htm

Group: Zach, Tom, Rachel, Kally

12 thoughts on “Ben Franklin and Beer”

1. Great work, lucky to find this amazing post.
    How I wish I can also write like this very well written and organized.
    Can you check mine? Click this

안전 카지노
    코인 카지노
    안전 토토 사이트
    먹튀 검증 커뮤니티
    스포츠 토토 사이트
    https://www.j9korea.com

2. Truly, this article is really one of the very best in the history of articles. I am a antique ’Article’ collector and I sometimes read some new articles if I find them interesting. And I found this one pretty fascinating and it should go into my collection. Very good work! Immobilien Andervenne

3. I am a new user of this site so here i saw multiple articles and posts posted by this site,I curious more interest in some of them hope you will give more information on this topics in your next articles. Judi Bola

4. Great post! I am actually getting ready to across this information, is very helpful my friend. Also great blog here with all of the valuable information you have. Keep up the good work you are doing here. ki residences

5. The notion of discontinuing the practice of averaging grades is explored on rickwormeli.net (rickwormeli.net). Although averaging seems mathematically grounded and effective, it’s crucial to avoid the appeal to popularity fallacy. The flaws of averaging grades are highlighted, revealing how minor differences can have disproportionate consequences, leading to unfair outcomes. This mathematical approach lacks the depth needed for comprehensive evaluation and fails to address the significant stakes involved.

6. From some point on, I am preparing to build my site while browsing various sites. It is now somewhat completed. If you are interested, please come to play with casinocommunity I am writing on this topic, so I think it will help a lot. I leave my blog address below. Please visit once.

7. Your writing is perfect and complete. safetoto However, I think it will be more wonderful if your post includes additional topics that I am thinking of. I have a lot of posts on my site similar to your topic. Would you like to visit once?