Ben Franklin on Beer

It is a common saying that many people know:  “Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”  While many followers of this quote may stick to its meaning, there is some misconception behind the actual person who stated these words.  It is in fact proven that Benjamin Franklin did not state these words; no link has ever associated the two together.

While his statement on beer was not true, a similar saying has been found to be directly quoted from Franklin.  Franklin, in a 1779 letter to a friend, wrote:

Behold the rain which descends from heaven upon our vineyards, and which incorporates itself with the grapes to be changed into wine; a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy!

In this, one can see that Franklin was more of a wine drinker, and the message reflected the fake quote about beer. Overall, one can see that throughout history, a simple message can be morphed over time into a less-than-accurate representation of a person’s beliefs.  Because Franklin looks like more of a wine drinker, we can safely associate beer to a fellow Founding Father:  Sam Adams.

6 thoughts on “Ben Franklin on Beer”

1. Many young people like to drink beer, especially in the early stages of a relationship. Before you decide to marry, consider what it is you want to do with your wedding. If you don’t have any plans in place, it will be stressful. There are some things you can do to prepare yourself mentally and physically for the day (but not really tips).

2. Great work, lucky to find this amazing post.
    How I wish I can also write like this very well written and organized.
    Can you check mine? Click this

안전 카지노
    코인 카지노
    안전 토토 사이트
    먹튀 검증 커뮤니티
    스포츠 토토 사이트
    https://www.j9korea.com

3. It is not safe to buy Diablo 4 gold from third-party sellers. These sellers often use stolen credit cards to purchase gold, which can lead to your account being banned. If you want to purchase gold, it is best to do so through the official Diablo 4 store at https://www.diablo4item.com/

4. I came to this site with the introduction of a friend around me and I was very impressed when I found your writing. I’ll come back often after bookmarking! bitcoincasino