Was Franklin Legit a Huge Beer Fan?

As opposed to popular belief, it is actually a misconception that Benjamin Franklin loved beer to the point that he coined the quote “Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

If Franklin was here now and heard us say this, he would probably look at us like ummm… Screen Shot 2016-03-24 at 11.52.32 AM

But anyway, Franklin ACTUALLY said, “Behold the rain which descends from heaven upon our vineyards, there it enters the roots of the vines, to be changed into wine, a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy.” He also once said “In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, and in water there is bacteria.” It makes sense that someone, at some time, was trying to remember what Franklin said about alcohol and accidentally made up the wrong quote and attributed it to him.

However, just because Franklin never actually said that beer quote doesn’t mean he didn’t know how to party and have a good time. Below is a real historical picture of Franklin and Friends enjoying the first beer bong. (Just kidding it’s for laughs.)

Screen Shot 2016-03-24 at 11.51.53 AM

By Gabriella Roostaie, Melody Torres, and Edwin Romero

17 thoughts on “Was Franklin Legit a Huge Beer Fan?”

1. Great work, lucky to find this amazing post.
    How I wish I can also write like this very well written and organized.
    Can you check mine? Click this

안전 카지노
    코인 카지노
    안전 토토 사이트
    먹튀 검증 커뮤니티
    스포츠 토토 사이트
    https://www.j9korea.com

2. I’m excited to uncover this page. I need to to thank you for ones time for this particularly fantastic read!! I definitely really liked every part of it and i also have you saved to fav to look at new information in your site. ki residences floor plan

3. I am really enjoying reading your well written articles. It looks like you spend a lot of effort and time on your blog. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work. The M Showflat

4. There are some fascinating deadlines in this article but I don?t know if I see all of them center to heart. There may be some validity but I will take maintain opinion till I look into it further. Good article , thanks and we want extra! Added to FeedBurner as nicely Instagream

5. a well established website is much needed for customers to know what a company is all about. By considering this in mind Reminder Automation Bots has provided every detail on their website regarding the online signature and its usefulness. This has allowed many individuals to be their regular customers.

6. From some point on, I am preparing to build my site while browsing various sites. It is now somewhat completed. If you are interested, please come to play with baccaratsite !!

7. I’m writing on this topic these days, bitcoincasino the first thought was profound and difficult, and I wondered if others could understand.. My site has a discussion board for articles and photos similar to this topic. Could you please visit me when you have time to discuss this topic?