Pandora’s Promise Review

PandorasPromise-460x256

Pandora’s Promise is a documentary that was released in 2013. The movie is about the Nuclear energy debate. Some people who were pro nuclear energy were Stewart BrandGwyneth CravensMark LynasRichard Rhodes and Michael Shellenberger. The group of people that were opposed to nuclear power was Helen Caldicott, and Harvey Wasserman. The director of the movie was Robert Stone. When I sat down to watch the movie I had no idea it was a documentary I assumed with the name Pandora’s Promise was going to be a portrayal of what will happen to world if nuclear energy goes wrong. Even when the title screen ended and we saw the father and son I thought oh it’s going to show an apocalyptic earth. But that never happened. The movie itself was just interview’s really not a good way to make a movie at all. The actors do talk about how nuclear energy can help the world survive longer while others say how nuclear energy will everyone in the world. That would have to be the most interesting thing they say in the entire movie. The movie overall I would have to give a grade of F. this movie does not interest the general audience. But only interest the few who are interested in the topic. The movie was nothing I imagined it would. It was just people talking about their interest in this topic. That why it only made $66 thousand at the box office. Even if the movie itself could have made I the topic much more interesting to the general audience it would be of been appreciated. The movie itself did cover the topic thoroughly but only to the people interested in the topic of nuclear energy. That’s why I change my grade from an F to an D-

One thought on “Pandora’s Promise Review