Library Tour

Last week I attended the library tour with my class. The tour was not like anything I expected. When we arrived in the library we were greeted by a Librarian whose name I forgot right now. The class was brought into the computer lab in the second floor of the library or the third floor of 73 Tremont. When we got there the librarian showed us how to access the library website through the Suffolk website.

As you walk in the Library

As you walk in the Library

After going through the website she showed us to access the online databases. The online databases were helpful in knowing they were there and are going to be useful in the future. Something about the library she didn’t show us but told us about the room they have for group study room and how they get booked fast when finals come around. The librarian also explained to us all the areas they have in the library. The first one she told us about the first floor of the library which contains the reference desk and some study areas. The second floor of the library contains more study areas, a computer lab, and the poetry room. The third floor of the library is actually on the 9th floor of 73 Tremont. This floor has a somewhat of a lounge area. She described it as an area where you can study in peace or just watch some TV. Even though I haven’t been to the 9th floor I think it would be nice to know they have a quiet place to study. The best thing she showed us was the online databases. The thing that was interesting was how many online databases Suffolk has access to. Knowing how much references we have to use on any assignments it’s good to know we have them. After that she explained to us all the things we can check out such as the biggest any class textbook which is great if you can’t but the book or you just forgot it that day. Some other items we can check out is a laptop which you have the choice of either mac or window which is great since some people only know how to use just one operating system while I can use both just fine. They even have phone chargers where you can checkout and use. One of the most impressive things they have is a collection of kindle readers for their eBook collection.

A part of the second floor library

A part of the second floor library

If I heard right then when you check a kindle out you can buy one eBook for the library. In general the tour was nothing I expected. I expected to be an actual tour where we walk around the library and maybe at the end spend a few minutes in the computer lab. Overall it was very informative.

2 thoughts on “Library Tour

1. irisashannon

I think your blog on the library tour is very detailed and specific. I like how you described the tour in chronological order and I like that you gave your opinion on how the tour was.

Reply
  2. jchikeluba

I think this blog was extremely detailed and straight to the point. I also like the fact that you were honest and gave your own perspective on how the tour was for you.

Reply