Museum Trip

Last Tuesday we went on another adventure. This time to the Museum of Science! I for one was very excited because I haven’t been to the MOS in a loooong time.

Now this place has to be one of my favorite places, but due to time constraints, I was only able to see a little bit of what this place has to offer.  It is such an interesting place where you can learn all types of stuff, from animal life to plant life, to dinosaurs and the human body and planets and pretty much anything else you can imagine. I remember the first time I came here in 6th grade, and being simply amazed by everything. Even going there now I feel like my 11 year old self, a little childish and awestruck.

What I have decided to focus on was one exhibit that corresponded to our final project. One area was dedicated to alternative energy sources. The one in particular that caught my eye was solar energy, because  our final experiment has to do with heat and solar power. Below you will find some pictures of the charts they have. There are also dioramas of simply sunlight experiments.  One interesting fact I learned was that heating and cooling account for nearly half of the energy used in U.S households.

2 thoughts on “Museum Trip”