April 9th Nick/Katie/Olivia

Nick did the Gospel’s and I automatically thought it was interesting that the word came from “God Spell.” That was something I took note of because it struck me as interesting. Nick pointed out that we don’t know who wrote the Gospel’s and there are only four. Those were the main questions- why were there only four? Also, he said that the Gospel’s were to preserve the witnessing of Jesus into stories, because the witnesses were “dying off,” which was another point that I found very interesting. I didn’t quite understand the “Q” thing though- maybe someone can explain it more on here for me 🙂

Katie did the Letters and Acts. She said that they claimed it was history, but that it is only from one point of view- which makes it questionable. I liked that. If she didn’t explain that I think it would have made less sense. Also, she said the quote that it was to “teach, not to preach” which I remembered because of its catchy rhyme scheme. With hers she said that the questioning was not to determine who wrote it, but what it as directed at. That was really interesting and challenged the reading. I loved how Katie challenged the book by saying that no matter if Paul was involved or not- Christianity and Judaism would someday part ways.

Olivia did chapter 13, and although there were many big words- I tried to stay involved in listening and understanding her interpretation. She did a great job at explaining what certain words meant which will probably always stick with me now. Such as septugen- which is the 72 elders who translated the torrah into greek. Also, she challenged the book and used the information bout context- as james Carroll told us- and said that many people claimed to have written the books- but when they were written the people were already dead. hm. I loved how she mentioned that Adam and Eve was written in the first century. That was cool.

Good Job everyone 🙂

One thought on “April 9th Nick/Katie/Olivia

1. Alex45

Mən bu https://mosbetcasino.com/ saytına Azərbaycanda Mostbet haqqında ətraflı məqaləsi üçün kifayət qədər təşəkkür edə bilərəm. Qeydiyyat prosesindən tutmuş mövcud oyunlara və ödəniş üsullarına qədər hərtərəfli əhatə dairəsi mənə lazım olan bütün məlumatları təmin etdi. məlumatlı qərarlar qəbul edin. Məqalə təkcə məlumatlandırıcı deyil, həm də yaxşı strukturlaşdırılmışdır, əsas məqamları öyrənməyi və mənimsəməyi asanlaşdırır. İstər təcrübəsiz, istərsə də təcrübəli oyunçu olmağınızdan asılı olmayaraq, bu saytın Mostbet in Azerbaijan məqaləsi mütləq oxunmalıdır. onlayn kazino təcrübənizi yüksəldən dəyərli anlayışlar təklif edir.

Reply