4/2/12

Kia and Mark did a great job today.  I liked how Kia gave the definition of a prophet as someone who listens to god and then interprets His point of view.  This made me question what the apostles in John, Matthew, Luke, Marks, and the Acts are.  They seem to be like prophets because they interpret lessons of God and spread God’s word.  However, I do not think they are prophets because God actually doesn’t speak directly to them like He does with the other prophets.  I don’t know if there is a specific name for them other than the Apostles and they’re just blessed by Christ.  I also liked how Kia tied in Moses as an example of a prophet since I know that story and it gave me a better understanding.

I liked Mark’s presentation on Wisdom literature.  I liked how he used Job as an example because we had already gone over this story I was familiar with it.  With the other stories he mentioned I was a little confused because I am not familiar with them.  I found it interesting that Elihu was not originally in the story of Job but added later.  Elihu was the one character who really made me question what the others believe Job has done wrong because he points out that none of Job’s friends ask what his sin is.  He is also the one to point out that God can do whatever he wants without a reason and is justified in doing it while the friends say Job must have sinned as the reason and Job saying his punishment is justified.