3/28/12

I liked how Juanita kept reiterating how the stories in the Bible existed before the Bible actually existed.  I sometimes find this hard to remember because the authors write as if they were actually at the event they are describing.  I found it interesting to learn about the different climates in Israel and how diverse they are for such a small area in Andrew’s presentation.  This made me look differently at when the Jews were traveling to the promised land and how dedicated to that journey they were for enduring the heat.  It also made me see a new cruelty to Jesus’ crucifixion for making him carry the cross up the mountain in extreme heat or in the other versions it’s a punishment for the man they chose to carry the cross.

One thought on “3/28/12

1. elisa

It’s also strange to be mindful of how small Palestine is, yet how far away and diverse the regions probably seemed to the people of ancient times. When someone came from Galilee to Jerusalem it must have seemed like someone coming from California to New Hampshire.

Reply