Thoughts on Job

I found Job’s story to be very intense. The Old Testament seems to have many stories that represent a harsher God than what I have previously learned about. Job’s story is unique. I don’t understand if God really has faith in Job and knows he will triumph, or if he is just as curious as Satan is to find out just how committed Job is. I don’t think anyone can blame Job for doubting God. He had so many misfortunes come his way at the hand of God, all the while his friends and wife doubted God. Additionally, his friends seemed to blame him. This made me think Satan had the upper hand at this bet. Satan was present in the doubt of Job’s friends, even if he did not manipulate them himself. I liked how this story flowed. The events themselves are kind of traumatic, therefor it was nice to read some of it in a more poetic form. If this was plain narrative retelling hardship after hardship I would most likely find it hard to stomach. Even with Job doubting God, I still found myself routing for him as an underdog. Additionally, I was also mad at God at points. I wonder what the intention of this story was.

One thought on “Thoughts on Job

1. Angela Cris

I really enjoy gаmbling and in Canada nowadays you can find many different cаsino sites online. I prefer Brango Cаsino because the site allows you to register quickly and get a sign up bonus. This is a generous bonus that you can use in your gameplay. You can read more about this cаsino on the site there is a review there

Reply