Generator experiment.

I was doing this experiment with Ben Paquette; and I had a lot of fun watching him working out literally. But on a more serious note, this again shows you how motion is a generator. Ben had 140 shakes going in the first time, then 120, and of course the number of his shakes keep decreasing until the fifth time. The numbers were obviously different in regards to the “Sum of Squares” but we could see every fluctuations. And that made me think: how great would be if we have something like thi generate for a longer period of time? I made some research and this idea of “Perpetual motion” found me.

“Perpetual motion describes motion that continues indefinitely without any external source of energy.[2] This is impossible in practice because of friction and other sources of energy loss.[3][4][5] Furthermore, the term is often used in a stronger sense to describe a perpetual motion machine of the first kind, a “hypothetical machine which, once activated, would continue to function and produce work”[6] indefinitely with no input of energy. There is a scientific consensus that perpetual motion is impossible, as it would violate the first or second law of thermodynamics.[4][5]”

Pretty interesting, isn’t it?

Author: assane

Senior student at Suffolk University majoring in Accounting and minored in Economics.